Monday, January 22, 2007

I've Got a Job!!!

Hello!!

Went and done orientation and all that rigamarole, passed a drug test, ON MY OWN, nobody's help, FIRST TIME in my life!!!!! Pat, pat, pat on back.

It is third shift, but that is good for me, because I am a night owl anyway. But tonight is going to be rough because I have been up since 6:00 a.m. Hopefully, I can make it through the night without falling asleep. But, I believe I can do it because work will keep me busy, but I guarantee I will be dragging ass in the morning.

So, now that I have a third shift job, I will have to turn ringers off on the phone so those pesky bill collectors won't be calling and waking me p while I am trying to get some rest.

As for the weekend, Saturday we tackled the playroom. It looked like a pig sty with a tornado run through it, now there is actually a floor and our son has his bedroom back.

Sunday, I went and played basketball and held my own -- hoorah - not bad for a 30 year old playing against a bunch of high school kids. Watched the playoffs, my Saints lost, but my Colts won -- go COLTS!!!!!

Since we've got a lot to celebrate -- everyone get up and dance with me to this hit from the 80's.

Thanks for the tugs -- my little red wagon is running on nitro this week.

5 comments:

GUYK said...

Good news! Money coming in every payday can be habit forming. And the worst job on earth beats hell out of no job at all.

Sober Steve said...

Congrads on the job. Work is one of my safe places to go. No alcohol and keeping myself busy so I don't dwell in self pitty.

peace
Steve

Sober Steve said...

Hope work went great for you. Now just don't sleep the day away. Congrads on another 24 hours.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your job and the relief from taking a drug test all natural!

Pretty funny stuff about cleaning up your child's playroom. That is too funny "actually floor." LOL.

Keep on trudging, many promises to come!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the job and passing your drug test on your own.

Have a wonderful 24~