Saturday, January 6, 2007

Another Day...

Hello Again,

I'd like to start off by saying thanks to all of the commenters the support is helping me. I have a lot of naysayers that don't think that I can accomplish my goal, but as you know I am trying very hard to prove them wrong.

Today is going to be kind of exciting because I am going to Chuck E. Cheeses for a party. I'm going with my kids and the wife, I hope they have fun.

At this point, I am crawling through my sobriety on my way to walking with my head held high.
------------

HISTORY

Well, to let you know how it all started I was nine years old and had a bet with my father on the SuperBowl. The Bears were playing the Patriots and Dad didn't like that cocky quarterback for the Bears, Jim McMahon and of course, I did. So, we made a little wager. If the Bears won, I could be like my Dad and sit in the floor and drink. If he won, I had to mow the yard for a year without no allowance.

The Bears won and Dad went and bought me a six pack of Little Kings. Boy those were some nasty little beers, but that's where it all started. I thought I was cool. So, I won the bet but I lost a whole lot more.

Thanks for the generous tugs on my wagon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I came via GUYK. A little luck is good, but mostly it's you doing it for you. And keep reading Guy, he has lots of wisdome tucked in between his gardening tips.

Nancy said...

I came via Guyk too. Keep taking it one day at a time, one "no" at a time.

Be strong, be well.

Tennessee Santa said...

Hang in there. check out some of my blog. You might want to check out some of my favorites as well as some of their favorite. We are a whole lot of different people staying sober one day at a time. Come trudge the road with us, on the internet.